Friday 6 December 2013

Practising my Look

Terri-Anne and I practised and tweaked my design a few times before the assessment. When practising the makeup, I think Terri-Anne struggled a little initially, to get the softness and intensity of colour around the eyes. Once I showed her which brushes I had found best to do the look on myself, and how to build the eyeshadow pigment it worked a lot better. She also seemed to struggle a little bit with the lips, as she was worried about getting the definition with such a bright colour, but once I explained that I wanted to lips to be slightly more diffused around the edges she was fine with them. We experimented with different lips, firstly trying out "Lady Danger" by MAC, which looked a bit too red. Next we tried using "Lady Danger" just on the centre of the lip and blotting it down, but it still did not look right. We then tried "Le Orange" by YSL, and it was amazing how such a subtle change of colour completely altered the look. "Le Orange" is slightly less red than "Lady Danger", but still had a beautiful red tone to it.







No comments:

Post a Comment